DEADLINE EXTENDED: September 30, 2013
POWERGRID International magazine's annual projects of the year awards are distributed to the best projects in four categories:
- Smart Grid
- Customer Engagement
- Demand Response / Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Grid Integration
Each year, the judges select winners based on five specific criteria:
Any interested party may submit an entry for consideration by Sep. 30, 2013.
- Entries should be submitted in one of the four following categories:
o Smart Grid Project of the Year
o Customer Engagement Project of the Year
o Demand Response/Energy Efficiency Project of the Year
o Renewable Grid Integration Project of the Year
- One award-winning utility company will be named in each category.
- All companies involved in transmission and/or distribution of electric power are eligible, including investor-owned utilities, federal power agencies, municipal utilities and rural electric cooperatives. Also eligible are RTOs, ISOs, Independent Transmission Companies, and other T&D-owning/operating entities.
- Project/implementation (or significant phases of a phased rollout) must have been completed between Dec. 1, 2012, and Dec. 1, 2013.
- Submit an entry form along with a description of the project/implementation (1,000 words maximum). Project description must include history of the project, project details, major participants (customer, vendor, consultants, etc.), and reasons the project/implementation should be considered for Project of the Year. Include significant dates (contract signing, project start, project completion/go-live date) in the project description.
- Entry form must be filled out in its entirety.
- All projects will be judged based on size/scope of project; level of innovation used; benefit to the utility, its customers and the power industry as a whole; and clarity of the written project description.
- Award winners will be recognized in a 2014 issue of POWERGRID International magazine and during the POWERGRID International and Electric Light & Power magazines award banquet at DistribuTECH 2014 in San Antonio, Jan. 27, 2014.
- Winning entries will work with a POWERGRID International editor to develop the article and award video between the closing Sep. 16, 2013, and the POWERGRID International and Electric Light & Power magazines award banquet on the evening of Jan. 27, 2014. High-resolution photos/graphics/artwork (up to 10) and additional details on the project will be required.
- For questions, contact Jennifer VanBurkleo at email@example.com