PwC launched is Q2 Power & Utilities M&A analysis, which found that deal volume and value experienced significant growth in the second quarter of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012, which was mainly driven by one mega deal in the sector.
Among the key findings, topics covered are:
· Deal value driven by mega deal, accounting for 83 percent of total deal value;
· Low natural gas prices, slow load growth, increasing costs, and the thirst for yield continuing to drive deal activity;
· Strategic investors accounting for all deals in Q2 2013;
· Foreign acquirers representing nearly 60 percent of total deal volume; and
· PE activity to picking up in the coming quarters.